· I am a fully qualified Chartered Accountant, a Registered Tax Agent, and ASIC agent
· I have BSc(Hons) in Chemistry, BCom(Accounting) - distinction, and I was the ICAA Prize-winning Student for Auditing (2005) at Curtin University.
· I started my own Public Practice in Oct 2009, previously having spent 3 years as an Accountant with Brent Howe Chartered Accountant.
· I was a Chemistry Teacher for 12 years, and I also have experience as a Sales Representative and Shop Manager.
· I run Willowie Horse Riding Centre with my wife, Lynn Boon.
· I am a member of the NTAA and MIPA, as well as the ICAA – the most prestigious Accounting Body in Australia.
· Meticulous and analytical by nature, with an excellent ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
· Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
· Highly advanced computer skills.
· Totally reliable, trustworthy, open and honest, with current police clearance, and working with children clearance.
Key Computer Accounting Skills:
· Highly Proficient in MYOB (All Versions)
- High Distinction at Curtin University; For 2 years, kept all the books on MYOB 17+ for a major trading client, (gross turnover of $4 Million).
- Familiar with all cloud solutions - MYOB, Reckon, etc.
· Highly Proficient in QuickBooks (All Versions) and Quicken Cashbooks (All Versions including V8)
- Very familiar with conversion from V8 to Quickbooks 2009; Quicken Installation Switcher.
- Keep my own farm books on Web-hosted Quickbooks 2012.
· Highly Proficient in MYOB Sol6 (for use with Primary Producers) and MYOB AETax (for tax returns)
- Use So163 AETax (coupled with NTAA Checklists) to produce Individual Tax Returns.
· Highly Proficient with Agrimaster (Businessmaster); Phoenix Agdata
· Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office (All Versions)
- Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Outlook Express
- For a year I taught computing at St Joseph's College, Albany, WA 6330; At one time I was a trade supplier of computer parts
Key Accounting Skills:
· Expert in all aspects of Chattel Mortgages, Borrowing Expenses, Depreciation, Trade-ins of Used Machinery against New Equipment obtained on Finance, Plant Listings, etc.
· Expert in all aspects of Capital Gains, including Small Business Concessions, Discounts for Trusts, Main Residence Exemption, CGT and Death, etc.
· Expert in Super Funds, especially SMSFs involving Shares, Trusts, Property, Global Securities, and unusual investments such as Mining Tenements.
- Can produce/compile pre-Audit file, including Member Statements, Income Tax reconciliations, Minutes and Resolutions, Assets lists
- Can cope with Super Funds (as Investor or Shade Trader) and can convert between them.
- Familiar with advanced SMSF strategies including juggling Accumulation/Pension modes.
- Have evaluated Simple Fund software
- Up-to-date with all the latest advances in SMSF Borrowing, Contribution Caps, etc
· Expert knowledge of Income Tax Law, Corporations Act; ASIC; Internet Law; Contracts, etc.
- I have knowledge of all various business structures including Corporate Trustees, Partnerships, and Companies (including Tax Planning).
· Expert in all aspects of Payroll and Administration, including Annual Leave Payouts, Super Guarantee, Salary Sacrifice, dealing with Child Support Agency, Fair Work Act, Employments Contracts, etc.
- I have frequently liaised with an Industrial Lawyer in Perth.
- Expert in dealing with Online Employee Super Funds. Knowledge of M-Powered Services.
· Expert in Cash Flows/Budgets/Business Plans.
- I can create monthly Cash Flows on an Excel Spread sheet from MYOB Accounting P&Ls.
- I can create Monthly Actual v Budget for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flows – for 11 months, I worked for Latro Lawyers doing timely Management Accounting.
- I can create pre-purchase Cash flows for Banks, e.g. for dealerships, loans, etc.
- Familiar with Castaway Forcasting Software – which I have used with clients to create professional budget and forecasting financials for Banks
· Highly Proficient in dealing with Tax Portal.
- Familiar with all aspects of the Tax Portal, Importing Pre-filling Reports into AETax, etc.
- I can reconcile Income Tax and Integrated Client Accounts to MYOB accounts.
· Expert in Inter-company Accounts
- I have reconciled many Intercompany accounts, some involving multiple companies, some with Gross Turnover >$15 Million
- I have reconciled client’s 'irreconcilable' Bank Accounts (without force-balancing it).
· Very proficient in producing bound financial statements and taxation returns, complete with Scope, Compilation Report, Director's declaration, Depreciation report, etc.
· Expert in Auditing - I DO PRE-AUDIT PREPARATION, BUT I DO NOT DO AUDITS.
- I won the Top Student prize ($500) for Auditing at Curtin University in 2005.
- I was the Junior Auditor on two external Audit Assignments. I have also done several Internal Audit engagements.
- I have passed ICAA chartered accountant Module AAS208, which is one of the pre-requisites to becoming an Auditor.
· Very Familiar with FMRC Benchmarking and KPI reports.
- I understand the links between Cash Flows and Gross Profit Margins and servicing Debt.
· Have been involved in clients undergoing insolvency and liquidation; liaised with Trustee for bankrupt.
· Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting): Curtin University of Technology, Perth
- with Distinction (course weighted average 78.00%) 2005
- and Golden Key International Honours, i.e. in top 15% of students
· Advanced Diploma (Accounting): Gt.Sthrn College of TAFE, Albany 2003
· Diploma (Technical Authorship): Tutortex Services, England 1990
· Certificate of Education (Physical Science with subsidiary Maths): Kingston Polytechnic (now University), London, England 1983
· Bachelor of Science (Honours): Sussex University, Brighton, England1970 - Chemistry
ACCOUNTANT AND REGISTERED TAX AGENT IN PUBLIC PRACTICE
Working from office close to home:- 273 Two Peoples Bay Road, Albany, WA 6330. Aug 2009 to Present
Chartered Accountant in Public Practice.
ACCOUNTANT WITH BRENT HOWE CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT
Unit 8, Proudlove Parade, Albany, 6330. Jun 2006 to Aug 2009
Chartered Accountant in Public Practice.
PARTNER IN WILLOWIE HORSE RIDING CENTRE Apr 1995 to Present
Willowie Game Park, Kalgan, Albany, 6330
Horse-riding lessons; Trail-rides, 28-bay Caravan Park;
· Business planning, New business ventures, Financial Budgets, Bookkeeping and Accounts Preparation, Partnership Income Tax Returns and BAS lodgments
AUSTRALIA: Feb 1991 to Dec 1996
Mount Barker Senior High School; St. Joseph's College; Kwinana Senior High School; Albany Senior High School; Some relief teaching at Great Southern TAFE, etc.
ENGLAND: Oct 1984 to Jun 1990
Enfield Grammar School; St. Ignatius College, Enfield; King Harold School, Waltham Abbey – these are suburbs of London.
BOOKSHOP MANAGER 1978 to 1981
J.D.Potter Ltd, London
International Nautical Bookseller
· Managed five staff members; Responsible for book-buying, accounts; Liaised with Director
SHOWROOM MANAGER 1974 to 1978
Kelvin Hughes (Smiths Industries), London
International Maritime Suppliers
· Management of staff; Meeting representatives; Security of the showroom
· Promoted several times from records clerk to become showroom manager
· Elected staff representative of Association of Professional, Executive, Clerical and Computer Staff (APEX Union)
· Institute of Public Accountants
· Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
· National Tax & Accountants Association